Join East Bound Mechanical as a Plumber!
What does that involve?
Planning, laying out, fabricating, assembling, installing, and repairing
piping/plumbing parts, equipment, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, or project specifications to determine sequence and methods
of fabricating, assembling, and installing products, materials, and equipment required to complete
project to which the mechanic is assigned.
- Select appropriate materials and methods of installation, according to project specifications.
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product
or parts, or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, tools, and equipment as necessary to promptly and
accurately complete installation of work.
- Install work according to blueprints and in conformance with specifications.
- Work with project managers and field superintendents to ensure that work is installed according to
schedule and that quality is maintained.
- Maintain accurate job log of construction activities and any other required project documentation.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, and fixtures.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or
balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally jointly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.