Join East Bound Mechanical today as a Sheet Metal Mechanic!
What does that involve?
You will plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, and install HVAC equipment and
products by performing the duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and interprets blueprints, sketches, or project specifications to determine sequence and
methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing products, materials, and equipment required
to complete project to which the installer is assigned.
- Select appropriate materials and methods of installation, according to project specifications.
- Lay out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of
product or parts, or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, tools, and equipment as necessary to promptly and
accurately complete installation of work.
- Install work according to blueprints and in conformance with specifications.
- Work with department manager to ensure that work is installed according to schedule and that
quality is maintained.
- Maintain accurate job log of construction activities and any other required project
- Ensure that assigned crew accurately completes timesheets and sees that they are forwarded
to Payroll Coordinator in a timely fashion.
- Work in harmony with peers and helpers assigned to your crew. Oversee, instruct, and mentor
new employees, especially helpers, to help them meet expectations and contribute to the
success of the project and the company.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety rules.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or
balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally jointly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.